September 9, 2008

I'm still camera less... booooo......

So I haven't anything to show you really.

But... even so, I've been busy with the knitting. Even more busy than usual with it the last couple of days, as I took a two day vacation from work. ( Well, even if you're 40-something, you can still act a little bit like a kid, and take time off for your birthday, huh?) I'm working happily along on the scarves, and I got to take a little trip to my local yarn store, and bought some GORGEOUS sock yarn, so I have my first ever pair of socks on the needles too. I love the challenge!

Oh yes.. and do you remember that the store had their "knitting olympics" challenge? Well, when I went in, I took the scarves I made while the olympics were on, and I got a prize! A nice pair of stitching scissors. I didn't expect that!

On the family front, my daughter fell last week whilst playing kick ball with her friends, and now has a broken ankle. Today, she saw an orthopaedic surgeon, and had a CT scan done.. if the ligament has shifted too much, we're looking at surgery, I'm afraid.

Let's hope things aren't that bad....

Anyway, that's all for today.. I must go and get my lunch bag ready for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Hoping things are not that bad with your daughter.

Tell me where you are (privately abmcmanus@verizon.net). I think we share some mutual interests (and possibly a LYS)!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

I hope your daughter's ankle is ok.

mich
x.

The Woman said...

Ann.. thanks for stopping by.. hopefully you have found an email in your box by now. :o)

Mich... thanks!