October 7, 2008

Still around...

Hi ... I'm back. Still in the land of the living.
And so is my daughter. :o) She's well on the mend now.. the stitches have been removed, and although she is still non weight bearing, it should only be a few more weeks until she's able to get around without the crutches.

Been busy while I took my internet break ..(I just wasn't really feeling 'it' lately, so that's why I decided to take a break from the computer a bit).. done a lot of knitting, a fair bit of reading.. have been bringing some plants indoors now, and preparing for the colder weather. Oh, and I managed to fix my camera, so there will be pictures again!

One thing I have discovered is these white chocolate chips. I have always had a love affair with white chocolate.. I don't remember if I have mentioned it before, but I am English, and just adore "Milky Bars" .. go here to see what I'm talking about ... and anyway, these chips, if you just let them melt away in your mouth, are the nearest things to heaven for me! Not so good for the hips, but wonderful for the psyche! lol


In other news.. this was my favourite haunt on laundry day.. just start the wash going at the laundromat, and then cross the road to get a wonderful cup of coffee... or a smoothie on hot summer days..
Indoors, you could sit and play checkers, or read.. or just sit...

But.. when I went to do my usual coffee run last weekend, the coffee shop was closed. It has changed hands, and I'll have to wait until this coming Saturday for it to reopen, with a new name... but I hope it'll basically stay the same...

Anyway, I'm done for this evening.. hoping that you are well, and I'll be around more, I promise!

No comments: